Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Success!

Another gluten free success! I've been craving some serious baked goods lately, and our local GF bakery, which has very odd hours, was not open when we went by on Saturday. They make the most divine chocolate cupcakes. Seriously, so good that even Ben loves them. Mmmm.

But, alas, they were closed, so I made my own! With this recipe from Gluten Free Mommy. Oh, my goodness, they were SOOOOOOO good. I happened to have all the ingredients on hand, except for the buttermilk, but I just did the milk+lemon juice substitute for it and it worked out just fine. I topped them with my mom's fabulously tasty chocolate frosting, and they were the perfect Sunday night treat. They also ended up being the perfect way to help lift our spirits after being sorely disappointed that Masterpice Mystery wasn't on tonight! (seriously, PBS, why would you show a documentary about prohibition, when you could be showing more Misterpiece Mastery?!)

Mmmmm.




1 comment:

  1. O Geez ! Your making my tummy rumbly!!! and Im at work and can do nothing about it ! But i'm going to check out that recipe and do my own indulging ! Thanks for the idea !
    P.S. Ben--Marky always talks about you and wonders what you're up to and when he might see you again. He's also always checkng the weather in Columbus !
    Love Netti

    ReplyDelete