Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Updater-tron

Just a small update:

Both Ben & I reached our fundraising goals for the ADA walk! Thanks everyone who donatd/wanted to donate/donated in spirit! If you still want to donate, you are more than welcome to, as well. We'll gladly take your money. :)

So, I've been gluten free for several months now, and let me tell you what I'm noticing. First, I have more energy! Which is amazing, considering this is the time of the year when my energy usually nose dives because of the weather. I've been getting up earlier, and it hasn't been a challenge! What the what?! And, I'm even (gasp) enjoying it a little bit! Who knew life could be like this? Also, another added benefit is that I've lost 5 lbs without even trying! My doctor even said something about it! "Oh, you've lost a little bit of weight?" I told her that I hadn't changed anything except taking gluten out of my diet, and she said "We see that a lot when people stop eating gluten." So, I'll take it!

And we're gettin' our Halloween on here in the Carper house. This is probably my favorite holiday, tied with Christmas. We have purchased a pumpkin (from a pumpkin patch!), have decorations up in our yard (two dollar store styrofoam gravestones leftover from last year, that was a good$2 investment, those things hold up in the weather!), and are working diligently on our costumes which will hopefully be even as cool as last year's.

OK, life is good friends, hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment