- In my opinion there are a few things that should always be clean in one's house. First, the kitchen, or where ever you prepare food. It's just good public (and private) health. If nothing in my house is clean, you can bet my kitchen will at least be decent enough to prepare a meal in. After that is clean, then any rooms that guests might be in should be clean enough. So, living rooms/entry ways, that sort of thing. After that, it's a free for all. And of course, all of that should never be at the expense of your sanity or clarity. Because let's be honest, if your brain isn't "clean" (clear, sane, not overwhelmed) first, a clean kitchen isn't really going to be all that useful.
- Speaking of clean kitchens, cleaning my kitchen is almost always one of the last things I do before I go to bed. It's almost like part of my bedtime ritual, and it helps me wind down.
- Also, about clean kitchens: I learned by example from my Mom to clean as you go while cooking. She always did this while we were growing up. And while I didn't really have any formal cooking instruction from my mom, I must have just picked this up as I was watching her cook. I distinctly remember her washing spills off of the burners on the stove right after stuff boiled over, putting stuff away while other stuff was in the oven, etc. My Mom ran a tight ship in that kitchen, and I never walked into that kitchen and thought "what a mess!". She always said stuff like "Watch out, I'm slinging hash in here!" But even if hash was slung, she never just left it where ever it landed. She always swept it right up! Clean as you go, it's the right way to go! (Did you see how I just rhymed there?) It really is SO much easier in the long run! Thanks Mom!
- We finally bought a new vacuum cleaner. And it sucks! Big time! Woot! It's this Hoover Wind Tunnell. And I'm seriously in love, and grossed out all at the same time. I cannot believe how much dirt our old vacuum was missing! Ew!
OK, my counters are clean and sparkling, all my food is in the pantry, and the dishwasher is running its gentle, lulling, ocean-tide reminiscent sound. I'm off to bed!

You're welcome. We should have done more cooking together...my bad. :) So happy about the vacuum...it can make a world of difference. Isn't it funny what things make us happy? My sink is still clogged...day 3~! Plumber has not shown! Arrrrrggggghhh. Good thing I went out to dinner last night with my work chums. Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteXXXOOOOO