Monday, August 29, 2011

I need opinions!

My dearest readers of my personal blog:

So, I need some advice regarding my other blog, about diabetes. Diabetes Awareness Month is right around the corner, and I need some ideas/opinions about what to blog about this year. I'm totally getting ahead of the game on this one, but I thought I'd start now seeing as this will probably sneak up on me quickly!

So, I want to blog every day again for a month, but I'm not sure what to blog about. Last year I did a bunch of stuff. I covered the basics of diabetes for a considerable amount of time. I talked about the health care system a little bit, I talked about D-technology, and I blogged about some personal experiences.

So, I want to take approach things a little differently this year, but I'm not sure where to start. Do I focus solely on how diabetes affects me personally? Do I talk about some of the more in-depth nuances about diabetes or living with diabetes (I think that might be boring). There's a lot of interesting new diabetes research I could talk about too? What would you all want to hear more about? What do you think I could write about that would make someone more "aware" of diabetes and its impact on the world? Is there anything you personally want me to talk about? Should I just ask for 30 days worth of questions from people and answer a different question every day?

Opinions, please? :)

5 comments:

  1. I like the "ask me a question" idea...but you never know if you'll get a response. Something about diabetes education? What new therapies, research is on tap?

    Have fun! You always do such a great job.

    love,
    mim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erinator!

    Last year I read your D-blog everyday and loved it. I like the idea of new tech/research stuff. If it were a Q/A thing, Im not sure if us "Joe-Public" people would have a clue what to ask.

    Just sayin, Netti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are a few things I'm interested in:
    how exactly your pump and glucose monitor work and how they work with your life,
    what it's like for Ben or your parents/brother/friends (I think it would be interesting to know how those interactions work),
    if you've ever been discriminated against for having diabetes,
    the thing(s) you hate the most about it,
    the thing(s) you like the most about it,
    if you care if people call it die-a-beet-us, like my mom does,
    people's comments that make you cringe (because, really, we might not know when we say it),
    your experiences with finding a good endocrin,
    and finally, how cool you are.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See..I told you I wouldnt know what to ask !

    Kristen is DEFINITELY not on the "Average Joe-public list " !!

    Hey, I scanned a lady the other day who still called it "Sugar-Die-a-beet-us" ! Oh man !

    Netti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to see a "day in the life of a diabetic" post. With pictures. I think it would be interesting to see how many times in a 24 hour period you have to live your life a little differently because of diabetes.

    Then I'd like to see a post about all the ways diabetes does NOT define who you are.

    ReplyDelete