Sunday, April 10, 2011

My second nerdy injury in under a week.

So, if you suffer through this blog, you most likely read my recent entry about my (wussy) trip to urgent care. Well, because I am all kinds of awesome, I've managed to give myself another (nerdy/wussy) injury, less than a week after my last one.

I've decided to start painting again, and busted out my old art supplies earlier this week. I've been doing some sketching with my charcoal pencils in preparation for a few paintings I want to try. My pencils are old, so I managed to wear down the tips really fast. I lost my sharpener, so yesterday I dragged Ben to a craft store with me to buy a new pencil sharpener. You know, the old school, insert pencil, twist by hand ones? Last night, I sat down to sharpen my pencils, and decided it would be a good idea to sharpen my entire collection. By hand.

Turns out, it's a really quick and efficient way to give your self a fatty thumb blister.

Nerdy Injury #1: Cut open lip with the light you use to read in bed.
Nerdy Injury #2: Blister from sharpening pencils!

Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how you suffer for your art! :)

    Hope your garden grows nicely for you. We're going down to 20 degrees here tonight. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete