Most notably, I finally got both my new insulin pump and my new continuous glucose monitor (CGM)! And today I officially started pumping and CGM-ing!
I will post pictures soon, and will probably write a detailed post about it on my diabetes blog, but can I just tell you how much I'm already loving this? If only I could have had this technology earlier, I think it would have saved a lot of my heart/nerve/liver/kidney/eye cells. ;)
In non-diabetes related news, our good friends in our ward, the D-family, just had a teeny tiny baby girl at the beginning of March, to which we are the unofficial godparents. :) I think we were awarded this title mostly because we helped her mom survive some seriously awful two-weeks of early pregnancy while her dad was in another country. But teeny baby G is super cute, so we'll gladly accept whatever responsibilities come with Mormom God-parenting. (Mostly, I think it just involves doting, at which we are very adept.)
Okay, that's all for now. These next couple of weeks will probably just involve a lot of blood sugar testing, highs, lows and doctors visits, so I probably won't post much on this blog, because it will just be plain boring and tedious. Test, high, bolus, low, eat, high, test, low, bolus, etc. That's just how things go with a new pump until you get all the basal rates right, so I won't bore you to death with the details. But, if anything exciting happens, I'll be sure to let you know!

No comments:
Post a Comment