Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Operation: Trying to make a house more of a home.

We finally got some curtains up in our kitchen! They ended up being red, when we really wanted blue, but now that the red is up there, we actually really like it. Yes, I realize they need to be ironed. Also, I'm trying to make some blackout lining for them because we lose SO much heat through these sliding kitchen doors! Hopefully that will help with our gas bills this winter!



So, this is my latest sewing adventure. Good thing it still only requires sewing in straight lines. Although the fabric is MUCH thicker than anything I've used before, so that's a new challenge. :) Wish me luck! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice! Good luck with the linings. No advice just well wishes for lots of patience. Oh and measure twice, cut once. :)

    XXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete