Thursday, June 24, 2010

Title, shmitle!

I couldn't think of a title for this post.

Here are the latest numbers:
7 Day Avg: 172
30 Day Avg: 179
% in Range:50
% Low:10
% High:40
Estimated A1C:7.19

The Hardest Thing: HEAT! I always have a much harder time controlling my blood sugar when it's hot! And it has been SUPER hot this past week. A couple of things happen because of the heat. 1) I have no appetite, which isn't so great for a diabetic who takes insulin. If you take insulin, you must eat at some point or risk going low. Ugh. Also, not eating is not an option because my body will FREAK out and my liver will start dumping tons of glucose into my bloodstream to give my brain food which makes me have super high blood sugar. So eating is a must. And 2) heat makes my insulin work a LOT faster and makes it a little more potent. So, I go low more. Blerg! I can't win. But, I LOVE summer, so I'll deal with it.

The Best Thing: I think I've found an endo office I want to try out (did I already write about this?). They seem to have all the bells & whistles of an endo office that I'm looking for (like in-office instant A1C testing, e-mail communication,pump training, etc.) and they specialize in Type 1 adults, which is n ice, because most endos don't. Sweet. So, when I decide I'm over the trauma my last endo inflicted on me and become willing to spend the moolah to try a new endo, I will try out these gals. Hopefully they'll be good and not make me swear off doctors again.

No comments:

Post a Comment