Tuesday, June 8, 2010

North Carolina!

We went to North Carolina a couple of weeks ago for our brother-in-law's college graduation! Congratulations, D! I took pictures of random things I thought were cool along the way.

This is a picture of Pilot Mountain, a mountain on the outskirts of the Piedmont Triad (Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro). Isn't it cool?


This is the skyline of the city of Winston-Salem (ahhh, King Tobacco), and the big ole' Winston Tower, wherein I'm pretty sure evil and conspiring men sit and think about ways to ensnare our women & children into a life of nicotine addiction.


And even more evidence of King Tobacco in the triad, the road sign directing you to King Tobaccoville. King Tobaccoville!


Proof supporting my hypothesis that there is a Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in almost every bigger city:


Because no trip south would be complete without a Waffle House . . .



The infamous Big Ed's Chicken Pit, a restaurant in High Point I have yet to have the pleasure of experiencing, but which I intend on trying!



And those were the photographic highlights of out trip! :)


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip! I'm excited to hear more about your charmed life :) Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a deep desire to go to the south one day. Take more pictures and tell me more. :)

    ReplyDelete