We have had a busy week this past week! Ben's mom came up for the week for a visit! Ben's dad works in Dayton, commuting every Monday morning 7 hours from their home in High Point, then working 40 hours in 4 days, and then drives back Thursday night! Talk about a long commute! Well last week, because of the holiday, he came up on Tuesday & left Friday and he brought Ben's mom up with him to spend time with us! It was so fun!
We went to the Columbus Zoo, took her to the Church historic sites in Kirtland one day, visited the Columbus Park of Roses, made a cheesecake, ate at City Barbecue (and had some Cheerwine!), had Graeter's ice cream, and generally just had a grand old time. We'd love to have her back anytime. And we'd love to have any of our family or friends for a visit any time, too!
On Saturday we went to the Church cannery/storehouse for the first time to can stuff for our own home food storage. I'd never done that before and it was SO fun! We spent about $30 and got tons of food storage. We're really excited to go back and expand on what we got this time. Every time I go to the Bishop's store house or to help with various church welfare projects, I'm always so impressed with the church's welfare system. It runs so smoothly and every time I interact with it in some way it is so easy for me to feel how inspired that program is! As a past recipient of church assistance myself, I have such a tender spot in my heart for this program!
Any way, it was just a really great experience and it's been a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment