Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's official!

I'm a gimp! Well, not quite. I have officially seen a podiatrist for this annoying heel pain I've been having. They said I have plantar fasciitis, and they have taped up my foot! For a WEEK! Apparently the tape is supposed to act as a support for my arch, but I'm skeptical. They took x-rays, and while I don't have any broken bones I do have heel spurs on each foot. They looked kind of gross on the x-ray. But also kind of cool, like I'm growing horns on the bottom of my feet. Or scales. Or something reptilian. Apparently the spurs aren't what cause my foot to hurt though, it's just the inflamed plantar fascia. Also, I have specific stretches I'm supposed to do, and I have to take an anti-inflammatory for awhile. And on top of all that they gave me this really dorky brace that I have to wear when I'm sleeping in order to stretch out my plantar fascia It looks like this.

And now I feel like a big dork. A big, OLD, dork.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, splints and braces. So lovely. I hope you feel better soon! Hang in there sweetie pie. Love, mim

    ReplyDelete