Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fun fun fun.

Did I tell you my sister-in-law is going to Thailand on her mission? I think I did. Last weekend we went down to North Carolina so we could be with her as she went through the temple for the first time. It was so great to be there with almost the whole Carper family! We had lots of family dinners, complete with Cheerwine, and just generally lots of fun. My sister-in-law showed us all the new outfits she bought for her mission, and I must say, sister missionaries are allowed to look a lot less frumpy these days. Not that she would ever look frumpy anyway, she has an impeccable sense of style. Any way, she doesn't have to wear panty-hose (the world's most pointless invention) and she's not even allowed to wear long skirts! I think the church is trying to move away from having people mistake our sister missionaries for fundamentalists. :) No Jody dresses for this missionary! Also it sounds like they have different rules in Thailand about how to dress because it is just too dang hot to wear frumpy clothes any way. So, we're super excited for her. She is going to be an absolutely amazing missionary.

While we were there we also got to help my brother-in-law and his wife move into their brand new home. It's a beautiful home, in a great neighborhood, and they're already fixing it up and making it their own. My sister-in-law is amazing at decorating, and she created this beautiful and fanciful playroom in their new house for their girls. I can't wait to see what the whole house looks like when she's done with it. One of these days I'm going to have to get her up here to decorate my house.

We drove up and down with Ben's dad, who is currently working in Dayton. He drives up Monday morning, works a 40 hour week, and then drives back to High Point on Thursday night. That's a 14 hour total commute and nearly 1000 miles! Hard core. It was fun to drive up and back with him, though, and I think he appreciated the company since he usually makes the drive by himself. We didn't have to put the miles or gas on our car, and we didn't have to drive and could just watch the scenery go by. I love the Appalachian mountains! So beautiful!

After my sister-in-law leaves for her mission, my mother-in-law is going to come up to Ohio when Ben's dad comes up and spend a few days with us, which we're looking forward to! I can't remember the last time we had visitors! I think it was C. Burnside about a year ago! Hooray! Yay for summer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment