Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pet Peeves

So, I'm trying to keep myself from being super anxious, while waiting for BYU to win this stupid basketball game against San Diego State, so I'll blog to keep myself distracted.

Some pet peeves as of late: (this is in no way shape or form any kind of "announcement", btw. We just happen to go to church with a bunch of people who are breeding like rabbits, so the topic is fresh in my mind)

  1. I hate the word "prego" "preggers" or any version of that. Prego is a spaghetti sauce people, not a state of gestation. Also, I'm sure it actually means something in italian that has nothing to do with being pregnant.
  2. I also can't stand the phrase "We're expecting." Expecting what? An alien? A knock at the door? A tax return? Seriously. You're having a baby.
  3. The phrase "we're pregnant." No, she is pregnant, you both are going to be parents.
Hopefully I haven't mortally offended anyone who's used these terms or has had kids. I'm not bitter towards those who have children. I like children. I just don't personally want to ever say those terms. And no, don't give me any of that "well, when you have a baby you'll feel differently." I got so much of that before I became an adult "well, when you get older, you'll do/say/feel this way." And I also got it before I got married "well, when you get married, you'll do this, or you'll feel this." And I didn't.

Also, it totally looks like the Cougs are going to win this one! Take that! Woot!

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness we never have to wonder how YOU feel about pregnancy issues and terms !

    Your honesty is refreshing !

    Love it !

    Netti

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. For those interested in Cougar basketball, they won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm completely with you. I especially hate "prego" and "preggers." I think I cringe visibly whenever I hear those. And while I'm at it: I also cringe at "LOL!!!" (with or without its multiple exclamation marks and gratuitous OL's tacked onto the end).

    ReplyDelete