Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolving.

So, I'm going to join the throngs of New Years Resolutioners, and throw in my two cents worth of things I want to do/get better at this year. I realize this list is lengthy and ambitious, but I figure, if I make my list long, then I'll at least do some of them, right?

1.Reading
  • I want to read a better variety of books. I tend to get stuck with either one author, or in the same genre (usually mysteries or cook books, these days), and I miss out on a lot of other good stuff out there.
  • I definitely want to read some diabetes books, specifically "Think Like a Pancreas" and "Pumping Insulin".Luckily, I just found out our library has these!
  • If you have any must-read suggestions, send them my way!

2. Exercise
  • Ben and I are embarking on a new experiment this year. We are going to try to go to the gym, in the mornings, before he goes to work! Yikes! As most of you know, I don't do mornings well, but we haven't been very good about working out at night lately, so we're going to try this and see what happens. The initial goal is M, W, F mornings, and Saturday whenever. Wish us luck!
3. Sleeping
  • As many of you also know, I'm crap at sleeping. But, this year I want to try to figure out how to do that better. We're hoping the exercising in the morning will not only help with my crappy diabetes dawn effect, but will also help me be tired earlier at night.
  • If I can't get this sleep thing figured out on my own with exercise, melatonin, or whatever, I am committed to seeing a sleep doctor. THIS HAS GOT TO END!
4. Emergency Preparedness
  • I want to make and keep some serious 72 hour/evacuation kits handy. We have a few, but basically they are plastic bags with fruit snacks in them . . . not so helpful in a real emergency.
  • I also want to figure out how to do a 3-months food storage supply thing. I have found this website http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/ , and I really like their check-lists, and am thinking about buying their binder thingy, but other than that I have no idea where to start, so if any of you out there in blogger-ville are pros at this, please lend me a hand.
5. Spiritual Goals
  • I am a horrible member missionary. Talking to people about what I believe frightens me beyond all belief, but I am willing to start making baby steps into this area, so I will begin my making myself a profile at mormon.org. Baby steps, baby steps!
  • I want to read more Ensign articles and conference talks. I will do this by reading one Ensign article a week, and making sure I have read all of last General Conference before the next General Conference begins.
  • I am continuing the ultra lengthy Old Testament Challenge, which is not so much a challenge any more as it is an epic . . . .well, an epic something. I'm committed, though, and have been consistently reading daily, but I am SLOW!
  • Temple, temple, temple!I have one so close! I want to go more!
6. Diabetes Goals
  • I'm blogging all about these over at theinsulincrowd, so go check it out over there if you're so inclined.
And, that's the list! What are your resolutions for this year? Are they fun? Can I do them too?

Happy 2011, peeps.

1 comment:

  1. O My Heck !

    New Years Resolutions.....Schmootions !

    They ARE a nice thought, though

    You go girl !

    Netti loves you

    ReplyDelete