Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall.

It's officially fall in the Ohio. Let's be honest, it really is one of the only redeemable qualities Ohio has. Summer can either be brutally humid, or horrible rainy. Winter is dismal, complete with concrete sky and scraping windows every_single_ morning. But fall, is (usually) beautiful. And, it comes with apple cider, apple orchards, fields of pumpkins, the Circleville Pumpkin Show, among other wonderful things.

Here are some recent highlights:

  • I went apple picking with a few friends. I bought 20 lbs. of honeycrisp apples and we have pretty much eaten all of them in less than 2 weeks.
  • I learned how to make & can applesauce. (I probably won't ever do this again, unless I own an apple tree. It's not worth the opportunity cost.)
  • Ben took a week off! Woot! He hasn't taken a nice, solid vacation in SOOOOO long and he (and I) needed it!
  • We went to the Zoo.
  • We also visited "Grandpas's Cheesebarn." We were the youngest people there, by about 30 years!
  • We watched all 3 Lord of the Rings movies. Extended versions! And lots of the extra features! Yes, this makes us nerds.
  • We've been going on lots of bicycle rides (thanks, K, for letting us borrow your bike!)
  • OSU lost a game, and it made me (not so secretly) happy. Oh, how I despise living in a city that is so obsessed with football!
And there you have it. Plenty o' fun!

1 comment:

  1. Glad Ben got some time off! Even if is was a "staycation". Those are the best, sometimes.
    We are missin you guys. Marky especially misses his "buddy" Ben.

    Love, Netti

    ReplyDelete