Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmassy Lists!

Here are a few Christmassy Lists for you!

Christmassy Crafts Completed:

I have officially finished all the Christmassy crafts I wanted to do this year! I'll post pictures!
  • Christmas Card Door Display Ribbon
  • Christmas Place Mats for the table
  • Christmas Lights in our windows
  • Christmas Front Door Wreath
  • Christmas Tree Skirt
Christmas Baking/Cooking!

Now that I have finished all of my Christmas crafts, I will be moving on to Christmas baking and cooking! Here is what I will make:

  • Cheese crackers
  • Oreo Truffles
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
  • Sugar Cookies (I have new cookie cutters to try out!)
  • Mexican Wedding Cakes
  • Oatmeal Crispies
  • Marla's Buns
  • Cinnamon Rolls
  • Loaves of Bread as neighbor gifts
  • and duh, duh, duuuuuuhn! A TURKEY! (yup, I think that's what we're going to try to make for Christmas dinner this year. We'll see.)
Christmas Stuff We're Doing or Have Done:

  • Watching the First Presidency Christmas devotional
  • Stake Christmas Music Program
  • Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo
  • Two Sundays full of being in special musical numbers at church
  • Ward Christmas Party (with a theme of "The Polar Express"--it was cute)
  • A Girls Night White Elephant Gift exchange for Erin (in which I totally scored some Christmas kitchen towels and a mug with a Christmas tree on it that has lights that LIGHT UP when you put something hot in it!)
  • A Christmas party at some friend's from church's house
  • Caroling with the Activity day girls and the cub scouts
  • I would like to go to the temple before Christmas, hopefully we can make that work in the next couple of weeks
And I think that's it!

We have a lot of Christmas going on in the Carper Household! I love Christmas, and I love celebrating the birth of the Savior! Don't we have such a reason to celebrate?! I love that people, even those who aren't particularly religious, tend to be a little kinder, or a little more compassionate during this season. I think the spirit of Christmas somehow touches the heart of everyone during this time of the year, and the rough edges on people tend to round out just a little bit for a few weeks.

Anyways, Happy Christmas to one and all!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Niecey :

    Sounds like a pretty fun list of stuff !

    Wish i was ur neighbor to get your baked stuff !

    Love you guys, netti....aka.....Markysmom

    ReplyDelete