Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eat your Veggies!

We're growing tomatoes! Which is interesting, because neither Ben nor I really like tomatoes, so we will give a lot of them away. Maybe I will attempt to make fried green tomatoes, just for the heck of it. . .

And we actually managed to grow a few potatoes. Our potato plants were being eaten by bugs and looked awful, so we pulled them up the other day to throw them away. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we were growing some potatoes underneath them after all! We still pulled up the plants, because they were choking out other plants, but I think we will try again next year, only we will plant them in gigantic pots instead. The little red potatoes were too small to eat, so we left them outside on the back porch and they were GONE the next morning! Certainly the work of our very own backyard chipmunk that has been slinking around in our garden this summer.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE tomatoes! I will take any off your hands that you need someone to take. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I have 3 Roma tomatoes on my plants. That's it after 2 1/2 months of being in the garden...sheesh. At least the basil is looking better and my carrots are up! Still no squash after a ton of flowers...what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete